Benefits of Composting Systems
Composting systems: A Rich Source of Benefits
Composting systems benefit the environment in many ways. Composting and the use of compost also have the potential to create significant cost savings for you.
- Compost improves soil conditions for healthier plants. Bringing pH levels to the optimal range for plants, and provides the slow release of macro and micro nutrients, reducing the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Adds structure to the soil by binding soil particles resulting in increased moisture and nutrient retention.
- Provides a welcoming environment for earthworms and other plant-friendly creatures whose activities strengthen plants and increase disease resistance.
- Compost improves water efficiency and reduces contamination, promoting both the supply and quality of water.
- Water infiltration and water holding capacity are increased, easing demand for irrigated water.
- Can reduce water volume required by up to 30% and suppress weed growth.
- Compost helps provide productive, responsible and sustainable waste management that works to reduce climate change.
- Diverting waste through composting organics prevents significant carbon emissions.
Composting waste is a powerful sustainability initiative, bringing about a host of environmental, economic and community benefits.
We provide efficient composting systems to customers Australia-wide, including Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
» Click here to contact us for more information about composting systems.